At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. This is why we’re always on the lookout for Software Engineers with strong coding skills, a get-stuff-done attitude and a lifelong learning mindset.
- AWS - EC2 | ECS | EKS | Lambda
- Docker | Kubernetes
- Java 8+
- Kotlin 1.3
- Spring Boot | Spring Cloud
- Postgres | Redis | RabbitMQ | Prometheus
- Webpack | Angular | Vue | SASS
- iOS (Swift)
- Android (Kotlin)
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams
- An engineering ladder offering a clear career path
- A simplified squad model
- To write your tests
- To automate stuff
- Being religious with Git
- Getting your head around a quite big problem domain
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- Opportunities to do full stack or go polyglot if interested
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Strong CS background
- Good coding skills
- Being dependable
- Team spirit and eagerness to work with interesting people
- A strong inclination towards working for a startup company
- Excellent communication in English
Good to have
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code
- Solid Git skills
- Expertise in one technological area (web, microservices, systems etc)
- Agile mindset - know how to deliver your work in small increments?
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.