At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for an ambitious Accounting Associate based in Istanbul, to provide support to the Accounting department of Blueground US by managing daily accounting tasks. The Accounting Associate will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency of the company’s finances. By contributing to the overall efficient operation of the department and by helping the company be fully aware of its financial condition, this role can help the company make the right decisions and accomplish long term success. The ideal candidate should be able to work comfortably with numbers and have great attention to detail.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage all daily cash transactions such as:
- All landlord and tenant rental payments
- Security deposit payments, reconciliation and refunds
- Common fee (building fee) and utilities registry and follow up
- Managing and coordinating all vendor payments such as external service suppliers and office expenses, including resolving subcontractor inquiries
- Managing and coordinating personnel expenses
- Supporting and coordinating statutory month end closing processes by mapping inflow and outflow of transactions to appropriate accounts
- Coordinate with collections team for rental, utilities and common fee payments receive
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant administration or accounting experience
- Fluency in Turkish and English and computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail, organized work and follow up skills
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial curiosity and can do attitude suitable in a fast-growth, startup environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.