General Manager - Paris
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,500 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of more than 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are currently recruiting a General Manager for our imminent launch in the city of Paris.
The GM position is one of the most exciting and impactful roles at Blueground. As the leader of Paris office and a member of Blueground’s global leadership team, you will own your P&L and manage all business activities: from hiring your team, to on-boarding and marketing units, to building strong relationships with the local real estate industry. You will be responsible for launching, scaling and owning the Paris market. If you like ownership, leadership and hustling, while being very strategic and analytical in your approach, this is the right role for you.
What you will focus on:
- Owning the P&L for Blueground's Paris business
- Building and scaling a best-in-class team for business development, operations, sales and client experience
- Defining city priorities and goals, and managing performance on a monthly and quarterly basis by setting relevant KPIs and incentive structure
- Identifying unexplored opportunities and adapting the business model to local requirements, taking into account local regulatory constraints
- Staying actively educated on Paris real estate trends to adapt and refine leasing strategy
- Shaping and sharing best practices with the rest of the network towards the constant efficiency improvement of our global operations.
- Being the face of Blueground in Paris - local PR and networking events
- Collaborating with Product, Marketing and Technology teams to meet the needs of local market
What we are looking for:
- Relevant experience (at least 5 years) in leadership roles and ideally managing own P&L and building a high-performing team
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Analytical and data-driven decision making
- Fluency in French and English
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Stock options plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the center of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.