Director of Operations
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Operations based in our offices in New York.
The Director of Operations position is one of the most important roles at Blueground as it is a key enabler for our hyper growth. As a member of Blueground’s high performance team, your focus will be to ensure smooth operations in our city operations, as well as lead the continuous improvement of our business system, processes and people. If you are an experienced leader in operations with a passion to apply, develop, improve and streamline complex operational processes in a hyper growth international startup, this is the right role for you.
What you will focus on:
- Lead the Blueground operations team that is responsible to get Blueground properties at a ready to move in state
- Head continuous improvement of all operational processes to make them leaner and more efficient
- Establish quality control mechanisms to ensure that apartments meet Blueground brand style and guidelines
- Manage and control operational costs and processes with an aim towards minimizing costs and maximizing productivity
- Provide local perspective and work with the GM in the aspects of strategy and operations
- Be a thought partner to our global operations team to develop our global procurement strategy, processes, design and technology
- Recruit, train and coach Blueground operations managers and operations associates joining the team
- Find resolutions to day-to-day challenges and assist the team to meet the targets
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local suppliers and vendors to drop down costs and decrease lead-time
- Spearhead the building and expansion of our network of subcontractors and vendors
- Cooperate with the entire Blueground team in an efficient and effective manner to ensure smooth delivery of apartments and related activities
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in business operations roles in a faced-paced and high-growth environment. Prior start-up experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent people management skills and a track record of mentoring and developing operations leaders and designing and building operations teams, from recruiting to performance management
- Proactive, growth and detail-oriented with great project management skills
- A strong problem-solving track record – you're able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Extensive knowledge of best practice operations methodologies (e.g., lean management, six sigma)
- Self-motivated with the ability to influence and inspire others
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results
- Strong work ethic and commitment to overall success of the organization
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision plans)
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.Find us on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter or at theblueground.com