Software Engineer, Backend
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and work on our robust internal platform and tools.
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. The person in this role will work on our internal tools on a modern JVM stack, using solid engineering practices and challenging requirements.
- Java 8
- Spring (Boot, Web, Security, Data)
What you'll focus on
- Work on our internal platform and tools
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Code pages, services and APIs in Java (soon in Kotlin too ^^)
- Write your unit tests
- Write your e2e tests (functional & performance)
- Automate stuff. Like a lot.
- Be religious with Git
- Depend on a CI pipeline
- Experiment, learn and have fun
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams
- To work with a product manager and an engineer in test
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To get your head around a quite big problem domain
- To solve hard problems
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Opportunities to do full stack or go polyglot if interested
- Cool colleagues :)
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Strong CS background
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Good programming and algorithmic skills
- Proficiency in Java or other JVM language
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code
- Comfortable with Git
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: experience with other JVM languages like Groovy or Kotlin
- Bonus: knowing your way around the *nix shell
- Bonus: experience with NoSQL storage (Redis, Elastic, MongoDB)
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.