Data Engineer (Remote Possible)
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are currently looking to recruit a Data Engineer based in Athens or working remote in Europe to join our high performing BI team. You will focus on leading accurate, relevant and timely business insights to support decision making and revenue growth. You’ll work in an exciting and collaborative environment, surrounded by talented and motivated colleagues. This position requires a strong command of data architecture, data processing and deployment techniques, high business acumen, as well as a demonstrated practical ability to determine where to invest time, synthesize actionable findings across diverse assignments, and present these findings to an audience with varying levels of background in analytics.
What you will focus on
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures
- Build the company's KPIs by structuring new tables and coding new metric definitions
- Build new data pipelines from scratch, integrated with existing tools, such as Google Analytics
- Identify and acquire necessary data from multiple sources and organize/clean the information to enhance operational data quality
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Support the requirements of Data Analysts and Business stakeholders
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition
- Automate interdependent data pipelines
- Test and QA end to end data pipelines
What we are looking for
- 3 - 4 years of data engineering experience - preferably working for a digital and fast paced company
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant fields of studies
- Strong experience with RDBMS, particularly PostgreSQL
- Ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high quality code. Preferably with experience in Python, Scala
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines
- Experience with Github
- Agile team-working experience
- Background interest in Big Data a plus
- Analytical mindset and detail-oriented with ability to focus and prioritize demanding workload
- Self-motivated, self- organised individual, able to work independently
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.