Warehouse Operations Manager
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager to join our growing Supply Chain Operations team, based in Istanbul. This role will be responsible for shaping the future strategy and creating the agenda of warehousing operations in our local markets. You will be managing the daily operations, developing projects and making sure best practices are implemented across our markets. This is a global role, managing the operations of our central warehouse, located in Istanbul and serving our global markets.
What you will focus on:
- Understanding Blueground’s end-to-end supply chain structure and design our global warehousing strategy accordingly
- Implementing global standards across our warehouses
- Monitoring warehouse operations closely and ensure efficient usage of allocated space
- Cost analysis and stock level tracking of warehouses (local & global)
- Owning the transactional responsibilities for inbound & outbound operations
- Ensuring WMS master data accuracy
- Monitoring and optimizing operations performance (fulfillment rates, optimal inventory levels and decrease damages)
- Decision making regarding direct purchasing for warehouses (expanding the team, overtimes, consumables etc)
- Managing contracts with warehouses (local & global)
- Liaising with purchasing, operations, strategic sourcing and logistics teams daily
What we are looking for:
- University Degree from Engineering departments or BA
- Minimum 8 years Supply Chain Experience (preferably in planning, logistics and warehousing departments)
- Proven track record of leading supply chain management in a high growth, global environment
- Ability to shape strategy and willingness to''roll your sleeves up'' when required
- Getting involved in complex concepts and optimize process by simplifying where possible
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel (international and domestic)
- Driving licence (B)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Find us on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter or at theblueground.com