Real Estate - Business Development Manager
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager for our forthcoming launch in Washington, DC.
The Real Estate - Business Development (BD) Manager position is one of the most exciting and impactful roles at Blueground. As a BD manager, your primary focus will be the growth of the business, a start-up company’s raison d'être, in the city of Washington, DC. You will negotiate and partner with large developers and landlords to add new properties to Blueground’s portfolio while establishing strong relationships with the local real estate industry. You will work closely with Blueground’s General Manager in Washington, DC to develop and execute on a property acquisition strategy and plan. If you like ownership, hustle, negotiating while being structured and analytical in your approach, this is the right role for you.
What you will focus on:
- Research, identify and shortlist appropriate neighborhoods and buildings that meet Blueground standards
- Connect to real estate developers and landlords of said buildings to present Blueground’s leasing and partnership model
- Negotiate with developers and landlords on multiple variables to define partnership terms
- Carry out all related business activities to leasing and on-boarding units including contracting and developing the relationship to lease additional units
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local real estate brokerage firms to broaden reach and drive supply acquisition
- Recruit, coach and manage Business Development Associates that join the team
- Provide local perspective and work with the GM to adapt the business model as required
What we are looking for:
- Relevant experience (at least 3 years) of leadership roles in real estate, hospitality, or sales related roles.
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results
- Ability to work independently and with speed
- Analytical and data-driven decision making
- Love for negotiations
- Great attention to detail to ensure contract terms have been carefully considered and agreed
- “Always be closing” mentality
- Health insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Path to stock option plan
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai