Lead Software Engineer in Test
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighbourhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer in Test to join our Engineering team in Athens.
As a tech enabled company we heavily rely on our software, from our website and mobile apps to our key business internal platform. Now, as we're doubling down on that, we aim for a robust continuous delivery pipeline enabling numerous deployments per day. With QA being a CI/CD cornerstone, we need a senior SDET to architect our testing infrastructure and drive the development of our test suites.
- AWS (EC2, S3, API Gateway, Lambdas, Cloudfront)
- Spring (Boot, Web, Security, JPA etc)
- JSON APIs - http://jsonapi.org/
- Angular & Vue.js
What you will focus on:
- Architect our testing infrastructure and lead its implementation
- Understand and help implement the team’s automation needs
- Make any relevant technology choices
- Create our test plans & strategies
- Manage a small team of engineers
- Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work closely with a devops engineer
- To work closely with the developers
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To solve hard problems
- Cool colleagues :)
- 5+ years of full-time industry experience in software engineering
- Deep understanding of the modern software testing concepts & practices
- Being passionate about crafting & testing software
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject from a top-tier university
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in at least one scripting language
- Experience with major testing frameworks & tools (Junit, JSON Wire Protocol, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Cypress.io)
- Experience with CI solutions (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with provisioning tools is a plus (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in testing APIs (REST or binary) and responsive web UIs.
- Comfortable with Git
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.