Software Development Engineer in Test
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our Engineering team in Athens.
As a tech enabled company we heavily rely on our software, from our website and mobile apps to our key business internal platform. Now, as we're doubling down on that, we aim for a robust continuous delivery pipeline across services, enabling numerous deployments per day. Testing is major part of the effort required and thus every SDET role very important to us.
Here's how test engineering fits into the picture at Blueground. Test authoring - both unit and functional - is responsibility of every engineer in all product teams. The test infrastructure, strategy and practices are implemented and guided by the SDET team with a bit of DevOps help. So this is not a "test the code of others" role but rather one that enables other teams to have a robust platform and methodology for embedding quality into our projects.
- AWS - EC2 | ECS | EKS | Lambda
- Docker | Kubernetes
- Java 8+
- Kotlin 1.3
- Spring Boot | Spring Cloud
- Postgres | Redis | RabbitMQ | Prometheus
- Webpack | Angular | Vue | SASS
- iOS (Swift)
- Android (Kotlin)
- Jenkins | Bitrise
- Selenium | Spock | Jest | WebDriver.io | Cypress.io
What you will do:
- Work on our testing infrastructure, automation needs and CI pipeline
- Create tooling supporting our automation & testing frameworks
- Code tests that will work as examples for the rest of the team
- Debug those difficult cases that block teams from delivering on time
- Track and report test coverage and code quality metrics
- Write internal guides on software testing
- Testing in production RnD
- Make any relevant technology choices
- Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work closely with a devops engineer
- To work closely with the developers
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To solve hard problems
- Cool colleagues :)
- 3+ years of full-time industry experience in software engineering
- Good understanding of the modern software testing concepts & practices
- Being passionate about crafting & testing software
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject from a top-tier university
- Skilled in Java (or another JVM lang)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language
- Experience with major testing frameworks & tools (Junit, JSON Wire Protocol, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Cypress.io)
- Experience with CI solutions (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with provisioning tools is a plus (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in testing APIs (REST or binary) and responsive web UIs.
- Comfortable with Git
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.