Software Development Engineer in Test
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our Engineering team in Athens.
As a tech enabled company we heavily rely on our software, from our website and mobile apps to our key business internal platform. Now, as we're doubling down on that, we aim for a robust continuous delivery pipeline across services, enabling numerous deployments per day. Testing is major part of the effort required and thus every SDET role very important to us.
Here's how test engineering fits into the picture at Blueground. Test authoring - both unit and functional - is responsibility of every engineer in all product teams. The test infrastructure, strategy and practices are implemented and guided by the SDET team with a bit of DevOps help. So this is not a "test the code of others" role but rather one that enables other teams to have a robust platform and methodology for embedding quality into our projects.
- AWS - EC2 | ECS | EKS | Lambda
- Docker | Kubernetes
- Java 8+
- Kotlin 1.3
- Spring Boot | Spring Cloud
- Postgres | Redis | RabbitMQ | Prometheus
- Webpack | Angular | Vue | SASS
- iOS (Swift)
- Android (Kotlin)
- Jenkins | Bitrise
- Selenium | Spock | Jest | WebDriver.io | Cypress.io
What you will do:
- Work on our testing infrastructure, automation needs and CI pipeline
- Create tooling supporting our automation & testing frameworks
- Code tests that will work as examples for the rest of the team
- Debug those difficult cases that block teams from delivering on time
- Track and report test coverage and code quality metrics
- Write internal guides on software testing
- Testing in production RnD
- Make any relevant technology choices
- Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work closely with a devops engineer
- To work closely with the developers
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To solve hard problems
- Cool colleagues :)
- 3+ years of full-time industry experience in software engineering
- Good understanding of the modern software testing concepts & practices
- Being passionate about crafting & testing software
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject from a top-tier university
- Skilled in Java (or another JVM lang)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language
- Experience with major testing frameworks & tools (Junit, JSON Wire Protocol, TestNG, Protractor, Cucumber, Cypress.io)
- Experience with CI solutions (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with provisioning tools is a plus (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in testing APIs (REST or binary) and responsive web UIs.
- Comfortable with Git
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.