Senior Accounting Associate
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in the large, vibrant cities around the globe.
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown aggressively across 9 markets, surpassing 1,000 locations and 200+ team members, and we aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people, trusting them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking to recruit a Senior Accounting Associate to join our accounting department based in our Headquarters in Athens. The right candidate will be engaged in the establishment and implementation of relevant accounting procedures to ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with company standards and local authorities.
What you will focus on:
- Key user of Microsoft Navision performing accounting entries, checks and reconciliations to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available as required
- Train rest members of the team in Navision’s key functionalities and assist on designing exports from the system as requested from the finance department
- Update accounts receivable/payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist with logging transactions, perform bank account reconciliations and prepare invoices
- Actively participate in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- Review existing processes and propose value-adding improvements or set-up new processes from scratch
What we are looking for:
- Degree or MSc in Finance and/or Accounting from a top-tier university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting
- Proven work experience in Microsoft Navision
- Proven knowledge of Excel (advanced user, pivot tables, Vlookup)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent understanding of local accounting and international financial reporting principles and practices
- Analytical acumen and data accuracy with ability to process large volumes
- Can process Accounting functions quickly, without error
- Ability to be flexible and change priorities as needed
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and cross-functional teams
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodations in Blueground locations! Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai