Finance & Accounting Associate
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking to recruit a Finance professional to join our Turkish finance and accounting department based in Istanbul. In this role, you will be mainly responsible for daily accounting operations related to customer invoices and outstanding receivables, and processing accounts payable. In addition, we are expecting you to go beyond their defined role definition and contribute to the continuous improvement of these practices. The position will be reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting, Istanbul.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage all daily cash transactions and third party accounting firm
- Compare and analyze annual budgets and cash flow forecasts with actual results
- Review and route invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Respond to and resolve all vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Manage accounts payable transactions and ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from a top-tier university (post graduate studies and/or professional qualification (i.e SMMM) is a plus)
- At least 2 years of finance & accounting experience (in Big 4 and/or start up, real estate or hospitality industry is a plus)
- Fluency in Turkish and English and computer literacy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, diligence and attention to detail
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial curiosity and can do attitude suitable in a fast-growth, startup environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to take initiative and define own priorities
- Dynamic working environment with top-talent people
- A strong coaching and mentoring culture supporting fast paced professional self-development
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to manage own schedule
- Opportunity to grow alongside the company and be part of a success story in Turkey