We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently recruiting a Design Director based in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles.
The Director of Interior Design position is one of the most exciting and influential roles at Blueground. You will be responsible for leading the creative output of our interior design team by delivering strategic solutions, including conception and space planning for residential interiors, and influencing FF&E sourcing. This position marries interior design and entrepreneurship and has a huge impact in shaping Blueground' s physical product. Therefore, being at the very core of our brand. If you love to sketchup, improve space efficiency and create things, we would love to hear from you.
What you will focus on:
- Leading Blueground's interior design team globally
- Delivering strategic design solutions including concepting, FF&E sourcing, and space planning for Blueground apartments
- Conceptualizing and executing multiple interior design styles tailored to different cities and neighborhoods
- Working alongside our other global teams and other general managers in cities, bringing a cross-functional mindset to improve the physical product
- Recruiting designers, working with product managers and optimizing our function structure, delivery model and subsequent processes for delivering globally
- Creating designs that are localized for each market's needs but standardized globally for improving efficiency
- Being at the forefront of current trends to ensure our places are modern, functional and comfortable
- Being efficient with resources, being resourceful in sourcing and scaling
- Ensuring all properties are focused on brand- improving, implementing and safeguarding the design branding bible
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in architecture, interior design and/or product management from an international top tier university
- 5+ years of proven experience in interior design space (preferably residential); entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Demonstrated work experience in design and FF&E sourcing is key to the role
- Software Proficiency to include: AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of 3D rendering software is a plus; Rhino, 3Ds Max, or SketchUp
- Proven track record of rolling out processes to improve workflow and product, and expertise within the interior design industry
- Communicate effectively at a global scale, and to maintain open lines of communication with Design and Supply Chain teams and city General Managers
- Creative thinking to build processes that can be scaled for implementation in 50 cities
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and with speed
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives, bringing together different viewpoints, personalities, goals, and needs, while working with our other global teams to find alignment and growth opportunities
- Analytical and data-driven decision making with focus on aesthetics, space utilization and resource efficiency
- Periodic travel
- Health insurance
- Competitive compensation package, according to experience
- Dynamic working environment with top-talented people
- Unlimited paid time off + 15 paid holidays
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion