Corporate Legal Counsel
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are currently seeking to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel based in New York, reporting directly to our CFO. You will be an individual contributor that will act as a real estate and special counsel, managing all legal aspects for Blueground. As our growth continues to evolve you will be building and managing a strong legal team. You’ll work in an exciting and collaborative environment, surrounded by talented and motivated colleagues. On top of it all, you’ll be joining an office that is rapidly growing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Review and interpret the requirements of governmental agencies, laws, statutes, rules, regulations and court decisions; advise on new legislative and regulatory requirements and recommend changes to policies and processes, as appropriate
- Provide legal counseling to senior management on matters such as business strategic planning, claims and disputes, contracts with suppliers, licenses, and protecting intellectual property
- Review and interpret contracts related to operations and management of leases
- Identify, monitor and assist in managing risks to the Company, including maintaining close contact with industry organizations to become aware of and understand inherent emerging risks that could affect the Company’s operations
- Draft, negotiate and finalise residential master agreements, leases and subleases
- Management of structuring, drafting and negotiating joint venture and partnership agreements and leases and related contracts
- Cultivate and build strong business relationships with key corporate decision makers
- Manage and develop the Company’s relationships with external law firms
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years’ experience in corporate law including demonstrated knowledge and experience in commercial and residential property, leases and dispositions, commercial financing, joint ventures and partnerships
- Strong business acumen and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk
- Law degree from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- Leasing experience from a US law firm in a junior partner or a similar role will be a high asset
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to perform legal research in real estate law
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.