Senior Accounting Associate
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking to recruit a Senior Accounting Associate to join our Turkish finance and accounting department based in Istanbul. In this role, you will be managing daily accounting operations. In addition, we are expecting you to go beyond their defined role definition and contribute to the continuous improvement of these practices. The position will be reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting, Istanbul.
Major responsibilities include:
• Managing and coordinating all daily accounting processes together with the outsource accounting firm
• Supporting and coordinating statutory month end closing processes together with the outsource accounting firm
• Supporting the Microsoft Navision transition process of the Turkish entity together with the other Blueground cities
• Managing and coordinating and improving all e-invoice, e-export and e-book processes
• Managing and coordinating all inquiries from our global finance and accounting function regarding statutory financials of Turkish entity
• Managing and coordinating VAT refund process together with the outsource accounting firm
• Managing and coordinating account reconciliations both for internal and external parties
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Master degree in Finance or Accounting field will be consider as an asset
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience (in Big 4 and/or start up, real estate or hospitality industry is a plus)
- Fluency in Turkish and English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and computer literacy
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, diligence and attention to detail
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial curiosity and can do attitude suitable in a fast-growth, startup environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.