People Operations Business Partner
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a forceful and self-driven People Operations Business Partner to join our NYC office and support our employees across the Blueground U.S. cities. The role will act as a business partner across organizational levels while developing and implementing global and local people operations processes and initiatives. You will be immersed in people related matters and take a truly hands-on approach to all issues to ensure high levels of employee engagement.
What you will focus on:
- Coordinate the core people operations functions: Talent Acquisition, On-boarding, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Policy Implementation, Inclusion, and Employment law compliance
- Oversee the payroll process (admin work is performed overseas) and be the primary resource on all employee questions or problems related to our benefits
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new employees integrate effectively into the organization
- Support the recruitment process by partnering with talent acquisition and hiring managers to assess, interview, and select high caliber candidates
- Work on building the company brand and reputation as an outstanding organization of strong values and happy people
- Identify and execute continuous improvement methods of People Operations programs and processes by researching best practices and encouraging feedback as to improve the employee and manager experience
- Promote the awareness of culture objectives in the organization
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, local employment laws
What we are looking for:
- You put people first in everything that you do.
- You have 3-4 years in an HR generalist role, ideally in a quickly changing and scaling environment.
- Knowledge of talent management aspects, such as performance management, succession planning, talent planning, competency development, compensation, employee relations, and talent analytics
- Command of analytical and people operations systems. Be able to evaluate and implement new tools and technologies as the company moves to bring systems in-house
- Enjoy a "roll up your sleeves" attitude and a comfortable environment in an international, fast-paced, and high growth workplace
- Self-driven, organized and passionate about making the overall process and experience better for every employee
- Highly collaborative, empathetic and a caring team player
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai