Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people's growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1200 locations and 200 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and play a pivotal role in our effort to deliver better software faster.
To enable our next stage of high growth, we are currently making substantial investments in our technology platform. Key to those investments is making sure we are as efficient as possible through autonomy, cross-functional teams, sophisticated infrastructure and automation.
You’ll be a core member of the engineering team and work side by side with the developers and SDETs. At first, you are going to wear many hats, call it platform, security, cloud or automation engineering and mostly work on AWS. This is a leading role and the plan is to form an horizontal team around you at some point.
Our immediate goals include having on-demand staging environments for all our products and a robust grid for our CI pipeline. We like to reliably automate tasks, we’re infrastructure as code enthusiasts and understand the importance of having good production telemetry to solve problems as they occur.
- Node, Tomcat, Spring Boot, Nginx, HAproxy
- Postgres, Redis
- AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambdas)
What you'll do
- Architect and manage our cloud infrastructure
- Work on low-risk releases and zero-downtime deployments
- Containerize our 3 cloud hosted products
- Allow for on-demand testing environments
- Automate or oversee the automation of tasks
- Work on production monitoring
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Report to the the head of engineering
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled :) teams
- To work closely with developers and SDETs
- To build lots of stuff from scratch
- Your opinion to matter
- To get your hands on latest goodies - we’re open minded geeks
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
- 2+ years managing production systems on AWS or GCP
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Good experience with one of Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Experience with infrastructure & app performance monitoring tools
- Really comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: experience with CloudFormation, Terraform or other IaC tool
- Bonus: having used a time-series database in production
- Competitive full time salary
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline.com, frontendmasters.com et al)
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai