Corporate Legal Counsel
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighbourhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently seeking to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel based in New York, reporting directly to our CFO. You will be an individual contributor that will act as a real estate and special counsel, managing all legal aspects for Blueground. As our growth continues to evolve you will be building and managing a strong legal team. You’ll work in an exciting and collaborative environment, surrounded by talented and motivated colleagues. On top of it all, you’ll be joining an office that is rapidly growing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Review and interpret the requirements of governmental agencies, laws, statutes, rules, regulations and court decisions; advise on new legislative and regulatory requirements and recommend changes to policies and processes, as appropriate
- Provide legal counseling to senior management on matters such as business strategic planning, claims and disputes, contracts with suppliers, licenses, and protecting intellectual property
- Review and interpret contracts related to operations and management of leases
- Identify, monitor and assist in managing risks to the Company, including maintaining close contact with industry organizations to become aware of and understand inherent emerging risks that could affect the Company’s operations
- Draft, negotiate and finalise residential master agreements, leases and subleases
- Management of structuring, drafting and negotiating joint venture and partnership agreements and leases and related contracts
- Cultivate and build strong business relationships with key corporate decision makers
- Manage and develop the Company’s relationships with external law firms
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years’ experience in corporate law including demonstrated knowledge and experience in commercial and residential property, leases and dispositions, commercial financing, joint ventures and partnerships
- Strong business acumen and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk
- Law degree from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- Leasing experience from a US law firm in a junior partner or a similar role will be a high asset
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to perform legal research in real estate law
- Market competitive salary
- Corporate cell phone plan
- Flexible leave policy
- Joining a fast growing start up
- Health insurance
- Complimentary accommodations in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.