Front-end Developer (Angular 2)
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in the large, vibrant cities around the globe
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown aggressively across 5 markets, surpassing 850 locations and 120 team members. To further accelerate our growth, we are now launching operations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago and Boston, and we aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people, trusting them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a Front-end Developer (Angular 2) to join our Athens based IT team and be engaged in the further development of our software business systems and web applications. The incumbent will work truly cross-functional with an entrepreneurial mindset and support the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing and maintenance.
Our technology stack consists of Spring Boot applications based on PostgreSQL and Redis deployed on AWS. Our architecture relies on REST APIs to integrate between internal and external applications. We follow Agile methodology to manage our product development process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Interact within the team in order to develop new elegant, highly responsive user-facing features
- Follow agile methodology and propose the optimal approach in implementing the software to meet business requirements
- Identify and address user experience bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Fix any defects and performance problems
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from a top-tier university or relevant technology-related field
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar position
Good knowledge of :
- MVC Architecture
- RESTful APIs
- Software Lifecycle (Git, Bitbucket, JIRA)
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for equity participation
- Enjoying a working culture which embraces autonomy and accountability