We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 300 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. This is why we’re always on the lookout for Software Engineers with strong coding skills, a get-stuff-done attitude and a lifelong learning mindset.
- AWS - EC2 | ECS | EKS | Lambda
- Docker | Kubernetes
- Java 8+
- Kotlin 1.3
- Spring Boot | Spring Cloud
- Postgres | Redis | RabbitMQ | Prometheus
- Webpack | Angular | Vue | SASS
- iOS (Swift)
- Android (Kotlin)
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams
- An engineering ladder offering a clear career path
- A simplified squad model
- To write your tests
- To automate stuff
- Being religious with Git
- Getting your head around a quite big problem domain
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- Opportunities to do full stack or go polyglot if interested
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Strong CS background
- Good coding skills
- Being dependable
- Team spirit and eagerness to work with interesting people
- A strong inclination towards working for a startup company
- Excellent communication in English
Good to have
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code
- Solid Git skills
- Expertise in one technological area (web, microservices, systems etc)
- Agile mindset - know how to deliver your work in small increments?
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.