Java Software Developer
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in the large, vibrant cities around the globe.
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown aggressively across 5 markets, surpassing 850 locations and 120 team members. To further accelerate our growth, we are now launching operations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago and Boston, and we aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people, trusting them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a Java Software Developer to join our Athens based IT team and be engaged in the further development of our software business systems and web applications.
Our technology stack consists of Spring Boot applications based on PostgreSQL and Redis deployed on AWS. Our architecture relies on REST APIs to integrate between internal and external applications. We follow Agile methodology to manage our product development process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work within the team on the implementation of new features
- Propose the optimal approach in implementing the software to meet business requirements
- Follow agile methodology
- Fix any defects and performance problems
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering from a top-tier university or relevant technology-related field
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar position
Good knowledge of :
- Linux operating systems and software development tools
- Software Lifecycle (Maven, Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, AWS Cloud)
- Java8, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA, Spring MVC
- Relational Database Development (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful APIs
Past experience and knowledge of front-end technologies will be considered a plus.
Competitive salary based on experience and potential for equity participation
Enjoying a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking