At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a Brand Strategist to join our team in New York. Working closely with senior management, you will be part of the team that’s re-envisioning the Blueground brand. You will articulate the company’s purpose and customer promise, lay the foundations of the brand and its use across a range of dimensions — storytelling and messaging, tone of voice, design, and client experience. These principles will help make the brand distinctive and recognizable externally, and easy to use internally. This is a unique opportunity to define not only the Blueground brand but the category at a global level.
What you will focus on:
- Develop our global brand strategy to drive the entire relationship between our brand and our various stakeholders in partnership with the senior management and executive teams
- Function as the brand expert, determining how the brand positioning is realized through various touch-points, and initiatives in communications, marketing, interior design, product, guest experience, various digital ecosystems and more
- Develop communication strategies, prioritizing message points and developing specific marketing programs
- Build strategic frameworks for creative development across owned and earned channels
- Build internal relationships and engage key stakeholders across the organization in communication plans and priorities
- Support teams across the organization to ensure ideas align with brand strategy and standards
- Champion the Blueground brand values internally and externally
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of brand strategy experience with top tier brand consulting organization or in-house marketing team within the context of a fast-scaling startup technology organization
- Creative and strategic thinking with demonstrated ability to translate quantitative and qualitative insights into successful marketing initiatives
- A collaborative spirit that lends itself well to working closely with various stakeholders across teams, including remote ones.
- Success working cross-functionally to build internal relationships that translate into meaningful outputs / ability to influence and drive to consensus.
- Creative energy and drive to think outside of the box. Leads brainstorming sessions internally and externally that extract fresh thinking from attendees and results in actionable next steps
- Organized, detail and process oriented with an ability to relentlessly follow-up in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- You understand how to infuse brand priorities and positioning into every touch-point targeted to various audiences and in a way that resonates with them
- A continuous learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Team player, diplomatic, effective communicator
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision plans)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodations in Blueground locations! Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!