Supply Chain Director
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a Supply Chain Director to join our supply chain team based in Istanbul. The role will act as an entrepreneurial leader, taking responsibility for all aspects of our supply chain operations. Will be responsible for implementing new supply chain processes across the value chain, including vendor management, inventory management, procurement, logistics, and warehouse operations. Leading the strategy and execution of Blueground’s Supply Chain network, in order to drive end-to-end supply chain efficiency, build scale and improve performance.
This a global leadership role, reporting to Chief Product Officer and managing Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing & Logistics and Supply Chain Operations functions.
What you will focus on:
- Establishing and implementing a sourcing strategy for all product categories based on quantitative data
- Managing suppliers around the globe and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Overseeing supply planning and inventory management to ensure accurate and efficient inventory levels
- Managing and scaling all aspects of 3PL warehouse operations and optimizing current supply chain operations strategy for long-term success
- Overseeing transportation including international Logistics and Freight Forwarding operations
- Developing and implementing network optimization models to evaluate strategic scenarios as the company scales
- Evaluating current and potential suppliers and ensuring partner alignment/support of strategic initiatives
- Collaborating with business partners across the global business to tackle macro and micro-level issues
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience in supply chain and logistics roles including vendor management, procurement and demand planning
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant studies from a top-tier university
- Experience in building sourcing strategies for a global brand or a successful startup (international experience will be considered a plus)
- Experience in implementing ERP systems, WMS and other supply chain tools
- Extremely data-driven, with deep analytical and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude able to translate complex situations into simplified initiatives
- Very high energy, strong sense of ownership and collaborative work-style
- Fluent in English
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Find us on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter or at theblueground.com