Strategic Sourcing Manager/Buyer
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager/Buyer to join our high performing supply chain team based in any of our US offices. You’ll be handling everything from establishing relationships with manufacturers, to identifying initial products, and overseeing all aspects of new product development/ sourcing.
What you will focus on:
- Identifying and bringing on board new manufacturing and brand partners
- Sourcing international and domestic suppliers and products, developing a pipeline of qualified potential manufacturers that meet our requirements
- Leading the exploration of new materials and sources that align with our design principles and brand
- Directing manufacturing partners on product sourcing, materials and manufacturing techniques that meet our design aesthetics and quality standards
- Communicating effectively with manufacturers to develop a desirable end product and price
- Collaborating with the product design, interior design and various supply chain teams
- Monitoring supplier performance, maintaining high level of supplier performance
- Conducting vendor evaluations to ensure compliance with the terms of the contract or price agreement
- Collaborating with various supply chain, product and interior design teams
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- At least 5 years relevant experience in merchandising or buying type roles within the interior design retail, or furniture industry
- Domestic and international travel required; Approximately 20% of your time
- Skilled negotiator and relationship manager
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Market competitive salary
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision plans)
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Joining a fast growing start up
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Find us on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter or at theblueground.com