Software Engineer, Android (Remote Possible)
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a talented Athens based or remote Android Engineer to join our Engineering team and our mission to offer a world-class experience to our customers.
Currently making substantial investments in our technology platform to enable our next stage of high growth, Android at Blueground is one of the leading platforms that hundreds (soon to be thousands) of users engage with daily. You would be helping build a critical part of the future success at Blueground as we are redesigning our post-book experience app from scratch.
If you are interested in product development - we’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well-versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and enjoys working closely with Product Designers.
What you'll do
- Code our new post-book app in Kotlin on a powerful workstation
- Write design Docs and keep a ChangeLog
- Read & submit Pull Requests
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Write awesome tests that will let you refactor your code
- Keep a linear and beautiful Git history
- Push for better UX and DX (more for UX tbh)
- Automate stuff
- Work with a CI pipeline (Jenkins, Danger, Fastlane, Fabric)
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work with a Product Designer, a Product Owner and an SDET
- To use some of the latest toys (Jetpack, Rx, Koin, NSD, NFC, Timber, Fairy, Robolectric)
- To opt-out of fat MVC by using MVVM / Clean
- To target API Level 25+
- To move beyond prêt-à-porter libraries and roll out custom solutions
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
- 2+ years of full-time industry experience working on Android
- Strong platform fundamentals ()
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong Java skills
- Experience with Kotlin
- Knowing the ways of unit tests
- An eye for good UX
- Really comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: knowing your way around *nix shell
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.