Software Engineer, Front End
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a talented Front End Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and our mission to offer a world class experience to our customers on the web.
We are a tech enabled company, currently making substantial investments in our technology platform, from our booking website and mobile app to our key business internal software, to enable our next stage of high growth.The person in this role will work on our web products with some of the latest tech goodies, solid engineering practices and demanding requirements on UX, analytics and performance.
- Spring Boot
- Vue.js & Angular 7
- On AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambdas)
What you'll focus on:
- Architect, design and build product features on Blueground’s web products
- Deliver rich, responsive, mobile first experiences on the browser
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Code in Vue.js & Angular
- Write your unit tests
- Write your e2e tests
- Sometimes write your HTML & CSS
- Automate stuff
- Depend on a CI pipeline
- Experiment and create rapid prototypes
What to expect:
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work with a product designer, a product manager and an engineer in test
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To work on performance and SEO
- To move beyond frameworks and take advantage of modern browser tech
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
- 3+ years of full-time industry experience working with web technologies
- Strong web fundamentals and solid understanding of the ecosystem in 2018
- Strong HTML & CSS skills
- Experience with at least one popular JS framework (React, Vue, Angular, Ember, Aurelia etc)
- An eye for good UX
- Core Web APIs like DOM, Storage, Fetch etc should not be strange to you
- Really comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: experience doing fullstack development on Node.js
- Bonus: knowing your way around *nix shell
- Bonus: experience in software testing
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.