Senior Product Designer
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people's growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1,200 locations and 200 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product Design team based in Athens and work on our growth product.
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology products to enable our next stage of high growth. You will work on our booking platform and help us create amazing user-centered experiences, utilizing data, research and analytics. This is a leading role, so we expect that you’ll lead the design of the product that is becoming the driving force of our growth. That’s why you need be both a hands-on designer and well versed in UI/UX.
What you’ll do
- Lead the product design of our booking platform
- Create pixel-perfect designs and prototypes that are desktop and mobile responsive
- Conceptualize specs into wireframes and mockups
- Iterate based on feedback, A/B testing, user research, etc
- Participate in user research work including interviews, usability tests, surveys, personas and tapping into our conversion funnels and data. Let the users lead your decisions :)
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers to solve design problems effectively and efficiently
- Be part of our design chapter that aligns the visual language across products
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross-functional teams
- To define not just how things work, but what we should be building
- To design lots of new stuff from scratch and revamp many of the existing functionalities
- A team that constantly raises its standards of work
- A rapidly growing company with top talented people
- Trust and autonomy
- To experiment, learn and have fun
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with a strong portfolio showcasing your best work
- Demonstrated experience shipping many products over the years
- Highly proficient with industry standard design tools (e,g. Adobe CC, Sketch)
- Solid experience with at least one interactive prototyping tool (e.g. Figma, Marvel, Framer)
- Good understanding of Agile methodology, especially with respect to UI/UX design
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- A positive attitude and team player
- Excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bonus: Having led a product design for both web and mobile applications
- Bonus: HTML and CSS not being foreign to you
- Bonus: Active member of a design community
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking