We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in the large, vibrant cities around the globe.
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown aggressively across 5 markets, surpassing 1,000 locations and 200 team members. To further accelerate our growth, we are now launching operations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago and Boston, and we aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people, trusting them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
Blueground is looking for a bright, highly motivated, senior SEO Manager to join our growing Marketing team. This is a highly visible role that requires you to be resourceful, creative and persistent to make Blueground an SEO-first marketing organization.
This role will be responsible for crafting and executing our SEO roadmap. Working to identify key opportunities, ensure strong performance, and oversee all technical SEO programs and requirements.
This is a position for someone who is obsessed with SEO and wants to reshape the definition of “industry best practices.” The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment, possesses strong communication skills and is quick to take initiative.
What you will focus on:
- Use on-page & off-page strategies to drive high-volume organic traffic and related conversions against monthly targets for each of our markets
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve site architecture, content and navigation based on SEO analytics insights as well as industry best practices
- Lead technical SEO initiatives and own related technical requirements for product and marketing initiatives
- Oversee SEO best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content marketing, engineering, creative, Product Marketing teams
- Work closely with the social and content teams to ensure SEO considerations are being taken into account and maximised
- Work closely with the PPC team to understand the relationship between SEO and PPC and advise on the best strategy for driving incremental search traffic and revenue
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention across online marketing. (ie. search, social, blogging)
- Utilize analytics and other tools to track the effectiveness of web content for search engine optimization and user engagement
- Collaborate with the broader SEO team to elevate the practice and be seen as industry best-in-class
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of professional experience overall
- 3+ years of professional experience in SEO (preferably in-house SEO in e-commerce / online retail), with a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing SEO programs and significantly improving Organic Search performance for online businesses
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices (technical, content optimization and link building), search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing
- Experience implementing successful large-scale SEO initiatives, including external link acquisition, site architecture, and international localization
- Ability to work cross-functionally with content, design, communications and product teams to drive SEO programs forward in a highly-effective manner
- Understanding of critical SEO analytics and research platforms
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Nice to have:
- Advanced knowledge of SEO crawling tool(s) (e.g. Screaming Frog, Deepcrawl)
- Experience in popular CMS and web frameworks and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience in international SEO – CCTLDs, mark-up, sitemaps
- Understanding of dynamic content – query strings, client-side serving
- Experience in server side language ( PHP)
- Familiar with server behaviour and HTTP protocols (e.g. server response codes, redirects)
- Competitive salary and equity participation possibility
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodations in Blueground locations! Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai