Senior Accounting Accociate
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighbourhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Accounting Associate to join our finance and accounting department based in Dubai. In this role, you will be mainly responsible for daily general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. In addition, we are expecting you to go beyond the defined role definition and contribute to the continuous improvement of these practices. The position will be reporting to the Accounting Director with a dotted line to Dubai General Manager.
Main responsibilities include:
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts
- Collaborating and/or managing a team of junior accountants
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP principles
- Liaise with our CFO and Accounting Director to improve financial procedures
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years in a similar position within a large corporate or a big4 accounting services firm
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, preferably with Microsoft Navision but not mandatorily required
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BSc. degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to grow alongside Blueground' s expansion locally and abroad
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodations in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.