Software Engineer, Backend
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and work on our robust internal platform and tools.
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. The person in this role will work on our internal tools on a modern JVM stack, using solid engineering practices and challenging requirements.
- Java 8
- Spring (Boot, Web, Security, Data)
What you'll focus on
- Work on our internal platform and tools
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Code pages, services and APIs in Java (soon in Kotlin too ^^)
- Write your unit tests
- Write your e2e tests (functional & performance)
- Automate stuff. Like a lot.
- Be religious with Git
- Depend on a CI pipeline
- Experiment, learn and have fun
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams
- To work with a product manager and an engineer in test
- To work on functional and non functional testing
- To get your head around a quite big problem domain
- To solve hard problems
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Opportunities to do full stack or go polyglot if interested
- Cool colleagues :)
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Strong CS background
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Good programming and algorithmic skills
- Proficiency in Java or other JVM language
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code
- Comfortable with Git
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: experience with other JVM languages like Groovy or Kotlin
- Bonus: knowing your way around the *nix shell
- Bonus: experience with NoSQL storage (Redis, Elastic, MongoDB)
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking