Foreign Trade Associate
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a Foreign Trade Associate to join our strategic sourcing and logistics team based in Istanbul. The role will be reporting to our Head of Strategic Sourcing and Logistics and will be responsible for the end to end process for import and export operations. This is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to join a high performing, growing team that leads our strategic sourcing and logistics globally.
What you will focus on:
- Managing account maintenance for the complete process, from order through shipping and delivery
- Scheduling and coordinating Export, Import and Transit Trade Operations
- Preparing all the necessary documents required and ensuring rules and regulations are met, by maintaining the information about licenses, tariffs, vat etc.
- Planning, organizing and managing the transport process from suppliers to destinations via ocean/road/air and ensure freight transactions are selected based on company objectives for cost and delivery
- Managing customs clearance of goods for import & export in cooperation with customs broker(s)
- Maintaining the shipping records, providing tracking or shipping history information on request and preparing weekly and monthly reports for the management
- Coordinating with the team and suppliers to ensure shipments are consistent with the requirements, ensuring timely delivery
- Liaising with the finance department to coordinate payment schedules
- Preparing and distributing the necessary monthly & weekly reports in your area of responsibility
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal) is required for this role
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at import/export area, preferably household goods trading
- Good knowledge of vessel operations
- Familiarity with Turkish,American and European foreign trade and Customs regulations and documentation
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- You will be result-driven, with problem-solving ability and an analytical thinker
- Strong team orientation is essential
- Ability to manage your time efficiently to support a 24/7 global business operation
- Ability to work in a complex and fast paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Find us on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter or at theblueground.com