We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 300 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently looking for a talented Industrial Designer to join our Design team based in Istanbul. You will be creating original furniture designs and revising existing vendor products to meet Blueground's design requirements.
You will be working with the product and interior design teams globally and developing new furniture concepts. This job requires strong 3D modelling and rendering skills. You will be expected to develop new product design models as well as preparing assembly guidelines with detailed production drawings.
What you will focus on :
- Work independently and with speed to create designs based on company's brand style and conceptual standards and communicate design specifications to manufacturers all around the world
- Collaborate with the team of Design Managers, Interior Designers, and Industrial Designers in order to shape Blueground's furniture design
- Study, research and plan various styles of furniture design by taking into consideration the users experience
- Evaluate issues such as materials, durability and manufacturing methods and techniques in order to conclude into the right design principles of each concept
- Stay informed about design trends and developments so as to come up with innovative ideas reflected to our properties
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design from a top tier university. Master degree In Industrial Designer will be considered as an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience with furniture design, detailing and/or production at a reputable furniture-maker or a design firm
- Strong hand-sketching or other concept development techniques
- Software Proficiency to include: Rhinoceros or 3Ds Max and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and ability to create mockups of the designs using 3D rendering software is a must
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency/ Native in English and Turkish
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to grow alongside Blueground' s expansion locally and abroad
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodations in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and Winter in New York.
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.