Software Engineer, iOS (Remote Possible)
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort, we are building a network of convenient, beautifully designed & fully equipped apartments. Our turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown strongly across 9 cities, surpassing 1500 locations and 250 team members. We aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a talented Athens based or remote iOS Engineer to join our Engineering team and our mission to offer a world-class experience to our customers.
Currently making substantial investments in our technology platform to enable our next stage of high growth, iOS at Blueground is one of the leading platforms that hundreds (soon to be thousands) of users engage with daily. You would be helping build a critical part of the future success at Blueground as we are redesigning our post-book experience app from scratch.
If you are interested in product development - we’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well-versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and enjoys working closely with Product Designers.
What you'll do
- Code our new post-book app in latest Swift on a brand new MacBook Pro
- Write design docs and keep a ChangeLog
- Read & submit Pull Requests
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
- Write awesome tests that will let you refactor your code
- Keep a linear and beautiful Git history
- Push for better UX and DX (more for UX tbh)
- Automate stuff
- Work with a CI pipeline (Jenkins, Danger, Fastlane, Fabric)
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, devops enabled teams
- To work with a Product Designer, a Product Owner and an SDET
- To use some of the latest toys (RxSwift, Moya, HomeKit, NFC Core, Siri Shortcuts)
- To opt-out of fat MVC by using MVVM or Viper
- To move beyond prêt-à-porter libraries and roll out custom solutions
- To enjoy some quality engineering
- A rapidly growing company
- Cool colleagues :)
- 2+ years of full-time industry experience working on iOS
- Strong platform fundamentals (UIKit, Foundation, Xcode)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong Swift skills
- Knowing the ways of unit tests
- An eye for good UX
- Really comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Bonus: knowing your way around *nix shell
- Competitive salary
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al)
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking