At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,200 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 350 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that’s reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for an ambitious Accounting Associate based in Athens, to provide support to the Accounting department of Blueground US by managing daily accounting tasks. The Accounting Associate will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency of the company’s finances. By contributing to the overall efficient operation of the department and by helping the company be fully aware of its financial condition, this role can help the company make the right decisions and accomplish long term success. The ideal candidate should be able to work comfortably with numbers and have great attention to detail.
What you will focus on:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable, A/R master data, and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable, A/P master data, and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, deferral, and accrual entries
- Update financial data and schedules to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist Senior or Management in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects and/or ad hoc projects.
What we are looking for:
- BSc or Ba in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Succesful basic experience coming from a similar position within an accounting firm or in house accounting department
- Fluency in English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Numbers driven individual with analytical acumen
- Understanding of accounting reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with Navision 365 accounting software will be considered as a plus
- Keen interest for accounting and financial reporting principles (U.S. GAAP) and practices
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Find us on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter or at theblueground.com